Another Trump Self-Own! Ivanka Attacks Green New Deal With An Impressive Lack Of Self-Awareness!
As much as Donald Trump is a horrible, bullying liar, he does tend to win arguments.
We mean, he calls them by a schoolyard nickname and loudly blurts out some fake statistic everyone is forced to look up to conclusively debunk, but by then he’s walked away an declared himself the winner.
His kids on the other hand… man, it seems all they do is score own goals.
As ridiculous as a lot of the attacks on rising political star Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez have been, with right wingers attacking her for being too young and poor to understand money, secretly having a lot of money, and of course having once been a fun-having college student who sometimes danced, the most pathetic, self-owning hit comes from Ivanka Trump.
The White House adviser went after AOC’s proposed Green New Deal, which proposes a huge push for clean energy and the jobs that industry would create, as well as universal health care and increased minimum wage.
So did Ivanka attack the logistics of the plan? The economics? The finer points of the bill as written?
LOL. No, she told Fox News:
“I don’t think most Americans, in their heart, want to be given something… People want to work for what they get. So, I think that this idea of a guaranteed minimum is not something most people want.”
Oh man. We cannot begin to count the ways this is a hilariously bad… OK, you twisted our arm:
- When she’s talking about Americans wanting to be given things, is she talking about a future which isn’t poisoned and planet which can continue to sustain human life?
- People aren’t asking to be given something. Minimum wage isn’t a handout, it’s a WAGE. For WORKING. It’s just that corporations will gladly avoid raising wages in line with inflation if they aren’t forced to do so by regulations. And giving someone a job isn’t charity.
- When talking about handouts, shouldn’t Ivanka be forced to address the $7.7 billion the administration has been forced to give farmers because of Daddy’s stupid “easy to win” trade wars??
- Context matters. And this argument coming from a feckless co-conspirator whose job and wealth were all handed to her from her father? Whose wealth was handed to him by his father?? Come the eff on!
- You can’t talk about working for what you get at the same time you’re being accused of stealing money from charity!
Anyway. We’re sure AOC will clap back in her own way. But this was just too ridiculous not to say something.
[Image via Dutch Press Photo/WENN/Showtime/YouTube.]