Home Videos Photos Shop
PerezHilton CocoPerez DWTS Jenna Dewan Tatum Kim K. Caitlyn PerezTV

Legal Matters News Archive

75-Year-Old Walmart Worker Suffers Broken Hip After Confronting Shoplifter

| Filed under: Legal MattersWalmartInjuryScary!

no title

A 75-year-old Walmart greeter in Clarksville, Indiana suffered a nasty injury after a confrontation with a shoplifter left her on the ground.

Store greeter Patricia Wilson was working an early morning shift at the retail giant in late March when she spotted a man trying to leave the store with a full cart.

Related: United Airlines Engine Blows Out Over The Ocean!

The employee spotted "large merchandise" hidden under bathroom tissue, and as customary of her job, went to make sure everything was paid for.

She explained via phone call to WDRB:

Permalink / Comment Here

Dr. Luke Has Been Dropped By Sony!

| Filed under: Music MinuteLegal MattersBusiness BlitzKeshaSony

Dr. Luke has been dropped by Sony.

Well, this is certainly interesting.

Dr. Luke has been dropped by Sony, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Related: CA Judge Keeps Kesha's Lawsuit On Hold

The producer is also no longer the CEO of Kemosabe Records, which he established with Sony in 2011. Furthermore, Sony has stated that Luke "no longer has authority to act on its behalf."

Even though this might seem like good news for Kesha, we're not sure that it actually nullifies her contract with the producer. It sounds like Dr. Luke is still the only one who can break that contract with her.

Moreover, in her court papers, the Tik Tok singer previously told the judge that Sony and Dr. Luke's relationship was about to come to an end, and that things would be worse for her once she no longer had the music giant behind her to act as a "go-between."

Complicating matters further is the fact that the music producer still has a pending defamation lawsuit against her, and his lawyers are in the process of gathering evidence that proves his career has suffered greatly due to Kesha's rape allegations. Being dropped by Sony might be another thing they can use against her.

We'll keep you updated as we learn more.

[Image via WENN.]

Permalink / Comment Here

'Devastated' Chris Soules Released From Jail — Read The Former Bachelor's First Public Statement Following Deadly Car Crash

| Filed under: Legal MattersR.I.P.Busted!AlcoholThe Bachelor/ette

Chris Soules

Chris Soules has been released from jail.

As we've reported, The Bachelor star was driving a pickup truck that rear-ended a tractor on Monday night, leaving the other driver, 66-year-old Kenneth Mosher, dead. It is said that alcoholic beverage containers were found at the crash.

The 35-year-old has been charged with leaving the scene of a fatal car accident that left one individual dead, but not with driving under the influence.

Related: Where The Bachelor/Bachelorette Couples Are Now

On Monday, the reality TV famous farmer posted his $10K bail and released the following statement through his spokesperson:

"Chris Soules was involved in an accident Monday evening (April 24) in a rural part of Iowa near his home. He was devastated to learn that Kenneth Mosher, the other person in the accident, passed away. His thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Mosher's family."

The TV personality's ex-fiancée, Whitney Bischoff, reacted to the incident, saying to People:

Permalink / Comment Here

Alcoholic Beverage Containers Found In Chris Soules' Possession After Fatal Car Crash

| Filed under: Legal MattersBusted!AlcoholReality TVThe Bachelor/ette

Chris Soules

More details on Chris Soules' arrest.

As we reported, the former Bachelor was taken into custody after leaving the scene of a deadly crash on Monday night. The driver of the other involved vehicle died later at the hospital.

This morning, the former reality star headed to court for his arraignment, just as reports surfaced that cops found alcoholic beverage containers in Chris' possession at the time of the crash.

In case you're unfamiliar, the TV personality has a history of drinking and driving — as he was convicted of operating a vehicle while intoxicated in 2006.

According to KWWL, it "took hours" for cops to obtain a search warrant to retrieve the 35-year-old from a nearby home after he fled the scene. The County Attorney says Chris has not been cooperative with law enforcement and his bail is set at a $10,000 bond.

We'll keep you updated as we learn more — but in the meantime let's take a look at where all the other past Bachelors are (below)!

CLICK HERE to view "Former Bachelors! Where Are These TV Hunks Now??"

CLICK HERE to view "Former Bachelors! Where Are These TV Hunks Now??"

CLICK HERE to view "Former Bachelors! Where Are These TV Hunks Now??"

CLICK HERE to view "Former Bachelors! Where Are These TV Hunks Now??"

CLICK HERE to view "Former Bachelors! Where Are These TV Hunks Now??"

[Image via Buchanan County Jail.]

Permalink / Comment Here

Aaron Hernandez's Lawyers File To Erase His Murder Conviction — But The D.A. Does NOT Plan On Letting Him Off The Hook!

| Filed under: ZportzLegal MattersR.I.P.ViolenceFootballNFLControversy

no title

The late Aaron Hernandez will likely soon no longer be a convicted murderer.

According to the latest report, the ex-NFL star's legal team has already filed a motion to dismiss his 2015 conviction for the murder of Odin Lloyd.

Thanks to Massachusetts' rule of abatement ab initio, Hernandez dying before his appeals process had completed might require the state to automatically throw out his conviction.

Related: Hernandez's Body Tests Positive For Synthetic Marijuana K2

But the Bristol County District Attorney's office isn't planning on letting the deceased off so easily. They told TMZ Sports:

Permalink / Comment Here

Aaron Hernandez's Body Tests Positive For Synthetic Marijuana K2 — But That's Not The Only Thing Investigators Found!

| Filed under: DrugsLegal MattersViolence

no title

The case of Aaron Hernandez's suicide just keeps getting more complicated.

Shortly after his death on April 19, several inmates told authorities the former New England Patriot might have been high on synthetic marijuana.

According to law enforcement sources speaking to Newsweek, the autopsy did indeed show traces of K2.

Subsequently, State Police did a thorough search of the entire Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center on Monday, looking the liquid marijuana, which can be smuggled into prison soaked into scraps of paper or letters.

Related: Hernandez's Alleged Prison Lover Wants To Read The Suicide Letter Written To Him

Department of Corrections sources point out how unusual it is for State Troopers to come in and perform a search inside a prison; Internal Affairs were even involved, leading many to believe a bigger investigation into Hernandez's death and the prison itself is going on.

One thing investigators already found that wasn't on the up-and-up? It seems a corrections officer missed a round of surveillance at 2 a.m. — and Hernandez was found dead at 3:03 a.m. That officer has since been "detached with pay." Hmmm…

The prison is reportedly on lockdown as the investigation continues.

[Image via CNN.]

Permalink / Comment Here

Aaron Hernandez's Alleged Male Prison Lover Is Off Suicide Watch & Wants To Read The Former Athlete's Suicide Letter To Him

| Filed under: Legal MattersSad SadNFL

no title

Aaron Hernandez's lawyers have made it clear the rumors of his prison lover are nothing more than a malicious lie to "tarnish" the ex NFL star's reputation.

But apparently there is more evidence proving that the former New England Patriots player did have a very close relationship with fellow convict Kyle Kennedy (above), who was reportedly the last person to see him alive.

According to a new DailyMail.com report, the family of the 22-year-old inmate (who is serving 3 to 5 years for armed robbery) received a $50,000 watch from Hernandez the day before he hanged himself in his cell last Wednesday.

Related: Aaron Once Threatened A Reporter's Life

It turns out Kennedy was also one of three recipients of Hernandez's suicide letters — the other two were written to his fiancée and 4-year-old daughter — though he still has yet to read his friend's final words.

Hernandez's family was granted access to all three suicide notes in a court proceeding on Monday, but Kennedy wants to see his note "as soon as possible."

Kennedy's lawyer Larry Army Jr. said his client is "obviously saddened by the loss of his friend," but is "no longer on suicide watch." He explained in a statement:

Permalink / Comment Here