McDonald’s Serves Pregnant Woman Cleaning Fluid Instead Of Latte!
WTF is going on with McDonald’s?
Sarah Douglas (pictured above) — who is 32 weeks pregnant with her third child — says she was served cleaning fluid instead of a latte at a location in Canada.
According to CBC News, while she was driving her son to a baseball tournament on Sunday, Douglas visited a franchise, ordered a drink, and took a sip… when she immediately knew something was wrong.
“I immediately had to put my hazard lights on and pull over and spit it out and rise my mouth out.”
When Sarah took off the lid of her drink, the mom sniffed a “pungent smell of chemical.”
Douglas eventually returned to the restaurant, and spoke to a supervisor who offered to make her a new cup. However, she refused, and said the mix-up was “unacceptable.”
Apparently, a different fast food employee told the mother that cleaning lines were attached to the coffee machine, which is common practice according to a store owner via People.
The employee then gave Douglas the bottle of cleaning fluid, which includes warnings such as “causes serious eye irritation,” “may cause an allergic skin reaction,” and “Keep out of reach of children. Wear protective gloves/eye protection.”
Dan Brown — owner of the McDonald’s in question — released the following statement, apologizing for the event:
“Since learning about the complaint, our team has been in very close contact with the guest and apologized to her… The health inspector also visited my restaurant and is not investigating further. McDonald’s is renowned for its food safety protocols and I am sorry that this happened in my restaurant here in Lethbridge. What happened is that the machine was being cleaned â€“ as it is every morning. Unfortunately, the milk supply line was connected to the cleaning solution while this guest’s drink was made… We have taken immediate action to review the proper cleaning procedures with the team and have put additional signage up as an added reminder.”
Mickey D’s can’t avoid the McDrama!
[Image via Global News.]