Thomas Markle Releases Personal Letter From Meghan: ‘If You Love Me… Please Stop’
Meghan Markle apparently wrote her father a personal letter last summer begging him to stop going to the press.
So, what did Thomas Markle do with it? Handed it to the press, of course!
“Daddy, it is with a heavy heart that I write this, not understanding why you have chosen to take this path, turning a blind eye to the pain you are causing. Your actions have broken my heart into a million pieces — not simply because you have manufactured such unnecessary and unwarranted pain, but by making the choice to not tell the truth as you are puppeteered in this. Something I will never understand.”
Further in the letter, the 37-year-old encouraged Thomas to do the right thing and stop exploiting her fancy new life, continuing:
“If you love me, as you tell the press you do, please stop. Please allow us to live our lives in peace. Please stop lying, please stop creating so much pain, please stop exploiting my relationship with my husband. I realize you are so far down this rabbit hole that you feel (or may feel) there’s no way out, but if you take a moment to pause I think you’ll see that being able to live with a clear conscience is more valuable than any payment in the world.”
Especially when you’re a royal for whom money is no object!
Meghan also addressed her dad deciding to skip out on her May 19 wedding to Prince Harry, claiming that she never heard from him that he wouldn’t be coming.
According to the letter, Meg heard about his alleged heart attack from the tabloids, which made her constantly worry about his health leading up to her big day. She wrote:
“You’ve told the press that you called me to say you weren’t coming to the wedding — that didn’t happen because you never called… So the week of the wedding to hear about you having a heart attack through a tabloid was horrifying. I called and texted…I begged you to accept help — we sent someone to your home…and instead of speaking to me to accept this or any help, you stopped answering your phone and chose to only speak to tabloids.”
As for Thomas’ relationship with Meg’s half-sister Samantha Markle, who arranged his paparazzi photos and has continuously lampooned Meghan in TV interviews, the Duchess wrote:
“I pleaded with you to stop reading the tabloids. On a daily basis you fixated and clicked on the lies they were writing about me, especially those manufactured by your other daughter, who I barely know. You watched me silently suffer at the hand of her vicious lies, I crumbled inside.”
Thomas, for his part, told The Mail there were no “missed messages” between him and his daughter ahead of her wedding.
One of Meghan’s best friends begs to differ, however, telling People that, just after those paparazzi photos emerged, “Meg and Harry were still so focused on getting [Tom] to London,” recalling:
“The next morning when the car got there [to take him to the airport], he wouldn’t get in. [Later] Meg heard he had a heart attack and she’s calling and texting, even up to the night before the wedding. It was like, ‘Please pick up. I love you, and I’m scared.’ …He knows how to get in touch with her. Her telephone number hasn’t changed. He’s never called; he’s never texted.”
He said, she wrote!
Meghan’s letter also detailed her frustrations over Thomas’ “untrue” claims that she never helped him financially. But what apparently hurt the mother-to-be the most were her father’s attacks on her sweet Prince. She revealed:
“To hear about the attacks you’ve made at Harry in [the] press, who was nothing but patient, kind and understanding with you is perhaps the most painful of all.”
Thomas told The Mail that he sent his daughter a lengthy response… which included a request for a photo op with Meghan and Harry to “show harmony.”
Glad to see he’s learned something…
[Image via WENN]